How do I refinance my loan?
You can discuss your refinance options with one of our mortgage broking partners across Australia.
Your broker will recommend the right product for you, by discussing your current situation and your future plans. They’ll be able to provide you with details of the costs involved with refinancing and compare this with the benefits of a new loan.
Their service doesn’t stop there – they’ll also guide you through the process from your application through to settlement. You’ll benefit from their expert knowledge and experience, as they’ll give hints and advice throughout the application process, which you’ll only have access to if you use a broker.
Finding a broker
Finding a broker is easy. We partner with Australia’s leading aggregation firms, such as Aussie, AFG, Choice, Connective, FAST and Mortgage Choice.
When choosing your broker, we recommend you check that:
- they hold a current licence (Australian Credit Licence)
- they’re a member of an industry body (MFAA or FBA)
- they have access to our suite of products
Would you like us to find you a broker?
Contact us and we’ll put you in touch with a broker.
|| 1300 652 220
Monday to Friday 8am-7.30pm (CST)
Saturday 10am-6pm (CST)
|| Complete our enquiry form
What information do I need?
To assist us and your mortgage broker, we’ll need some information about your objectives and current financial position. You’ll need to have established the following information:
- your current assets, including estimated values
- your current liabilities, including credit limits
- your gross income
- the approximate value of any property offered as security
- your deposit and equity
Things to consider
Before discussing your refinancing options, you should consider:
- your product options with our compare our products page
- whether your home and contents insurance is adequate
- whether you will need mortgage protection insurance
- that you may need to pay Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI), depending on the Loan to Value Ratio (LVR)
- break costs or other fees associated with exiting your existing loan may apply
- that fees and charges will apply, refer to our fees & charges
Find out more about the refinance process.