We are continually monitoring and assessing our technology in order to keep your information secure. Here are some of the ways we safeguard our systems:
SSL (Secure Socket Layer)
To ensure your account information is only accessible by you, our Online Banking service employs a secure login process, known as SSL (Secure Socket Layer). SSL is utilised every time data is transferred between yourself and the bank. It protects you in the following ways:
- Authentication – it prevents another computer impersonating the bank
- Encryption – it scrambles data over the Internet
- Data integrity – it verifies and determines that any information sent to us has not been altered in transmission
We have put in place a security system that monitors Online Banking transactions to help detect any fraudulent activity. It’s important to note that we will never ask you for your Online Banking Password (in person, online, over the phone or by mail).
SMS 2 Factor Authentication (secure code)
Before certain functions can be completed in Online Banking, we will text a unique security code to your mobile. You then enter this code to complete your operation.
Our anti-virus protection stops threats before they reach our computer network and established Firewalls prevent unauthorised access to our network.
Additional security features
Although we recommend you don’t leave your account unattended while performing your banking online, to help safeguard your security we will automatically log you out if your Online Banking activity remains inactive for a period of time.
If your Customer Number and Password are entered incorrectly too many times Online Banking will assume an unauthorised person is trying to access your account and will block your logon until you notify us and confirm your correct details.
Each time you logon, Online Banking will display at the top of your screen the date and time you last logged on.
- We have systems in place that closely monitor card transactions in order to identify suspicious activity and minimise fraud losses.
- If we view suspicious transactions on your account we will verify with you either by phone or SMS that they are yours.
- In the event that we are unable to contact you we may place a temporary stop on your account to prevent further fraud spend.
- We issue Chip cards to prevent counterfeit cards being produced by fraudsters.
Phone Banking (Express Line)
Our security system closely monitors all telephone banking transactions to help detect any fraudulent activity.
Always remember, we will never ask you for your Password.